Kiwi Birdlife Park
A trip to NZ just isn't complete without seeing kiwi! We guaranteee kiwi viewing in our specially designed nocturnal houses as well as displaying over 20 species of other NZ wildlife that are here as part of nationally managed programmes.
We offer an all-day, all-inclusive pass that provides access to the following:
- Kiwi feedings throughout the day (10am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 4.30pm; allow 15min)
- NZ's original free-flight Conservation Show (11am, 3pm; allow 30min)
- Personal audio guide to self-guide around the Park, available in English and Japanese (allow 45min)
Our conservation work is directly funded by our visitor admissions so your support ensures that we can continue with this valuable work. We are currently involved in breed-for-release programmes or DOC conservation projects for kiwi, blue duck/whio, brown teal/pateke, buff weka, Otago skink, black stilt, scaup and many others.
- Self-guided Audio tour.
- Sturdy walking shoes recommended
- Camera and film
- Sunhat and sunscreen
Allow 90-120 minutes
SUMMER (start 1/10/2016)
Live conservation Show times: 11 am, 1.30pm and 4pm
Kiwi feeding times: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm and 5pm
Live Conservation Show times: 11am, 3pm daily
Kiwi Feeding times: 10am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 4.30pm daily
Conservation Shows and Kiwi Feedings are included in the entry price.
Entrance tickets valid all day.
Our premium offering allows a small group of visitors to have a truly memorable experience with our wildlife. See "behind the scenes", including:
- a private Kiwi Feeding
- a face-to-face encounter with a tuatara
- a training session with our playful kea
- feeding the trout and ducks on our natural spring fed pond
- hand feeding the weka
- many more other great wildlife experiences.
Price: $425 for up to six guests, including children. Bookings subject to availability. Call Reservations at 64 3 442 8059 to confirm bookings.